We suggest you start by reading the general instructions on Creating a catalog item first.
License Code is the content designator reserved for content accessible via access codes.
When granted access to License Code content, the user will receive an email containing the code, information about the content it refers to, user instructions for any codes added to the catalog item, and a link to click through to activation if the URL has been entered for this catalog item.
1. To create a catalog item containing a License Code, select this specific content type (red arrow on Exhibit 1). Content type may only be selected once. Once selected and saved, it cannot be changed.
2. For License Code, you can provide a link to the page that users can access to activate their codes. Providing a URL is optional.
3. Load a cover from a device (red arrow on Exhibit 3) or from storage (green arrow on Exhibit 3). Files uploaded into these fields may then be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Cover preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 3.
4. If desired, enter pages to be available for preview.
Files uploaded into this field may then be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Page preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 4.
5. Save and add the codes.
6. To add codes, click on the “Add Codes” button (red arrow on Exhibit 5).
7. The Platform will support any code format. Codes may be copied and pasted into the field provided for this purpose (green arrow on Exhibit 6) or added in a .csv file (red arrow on Exhibit 6).
Codes added to a catalog item will only show in the copyright holder's account and in the emails sent to respective end users.
8. Every code across the entire list added may be tracked from inside the "Add Codes" window as they move through the channels or get activated.
License Code Status Options:
- Free – available for sale;
- Waiting for transfer – sold but not yet activated by a user. The user cannot see the code yet;
- Transferred – the code has been received by the end user.
9. You may also filter the codes for more comfortable work with it.
9.1. Click "Show filters" button (blue arrow on Exhibit 8).
9.2. In the window that opens you may filter the codes by this parameters:
- status (green arrow on Exhibit 9),
- transferring term (blue arrow on Exhibit 9),
- receiving by the end user term (yellow arrow on Exhibit 9),
- end user, who received the code (purple arrow on Exhibit 9).
9.3. To clear the filter click "Clear filters" button (red arrow on exhibit 9).
10. All of the added and saved license codes may be exported as a .csv table. To do that, click on “Export Codes” (blue arrow on Exhibit 10), and a table of codes will be downloaded to your device.
11. When there are fewer than 10 license codes remaining that are available for sale, account administrator will be automatically sent a notice to that effect.
We recommend watching the video on how to create a License code type item.