We suggest you start by reading the general instructions on Creating a Catalog item first.
Video as a content designator is used for video files played back using A-Store Player.
End users will not be able to download files directly into their devices or access them bypassing A-Store Player. Content will be played online.
The buyer may recall any Video file from the user and then reissue it again provided this has been allowed by the copyright holder through the Content Management Center.
When granted access to a Video file, the user will receive an email containing the file name, user instructions for any files added to the catalog item, and a link to begin playback. A link to detailed user instructions for A-Store Player will also be provided.
1. To create a catalog item containing Video, select this specific content type (red arrow on Exhibit 1). Content type may only be selected once. Once selected and saved, it cannot be changed.
2. For Video, you can provide a link to the player page that users can access to watch this video. If no URL is entered, the video may be accessed at the player's standard address.
3. Select the parental control settings from the list offered.
This setting (age limitation) will be displayed in the upper right hand corner of the playback screen (Exhibit 4).
4. Load a cover from a device (red arrow on Exhibit 5) or from storage (green arrow on Exhibit 5). Files uploaded into this field will show in A-Store Player playlist as content covers and may also be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Cover preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 5.
5. If desired, enter pages to be available for preview.
Files uploaded into this field may then be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Cover preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 6.
6. Save and add the file. Video quality will be set automatically. Select the desired resolution you would like to offer your customers from the options available.
We suggest you also read the article on adding files to catalog items.
We recommend watching the video on how to create a Video type item.