We suggest you start by reading the general instructions on Creating a catalog item first.
Soft is the content designator reserved for software and integration with publishers' own online platforms, such as learning management systems (LMS) that usually contain interactive content and an own user database.
The specific way of providing access to Soft content will depend on the type of platform integration. If this integration only allows for accessing the LMS, when receiving access to content, the user will receive an email containing his or her account information with the copyright holder's LMS or a request for the login name to which access to content in the LMS needs to be provided, as well as content information, applicable user instructions for any content added to the catalog item, and a link to click through to the platform if the URL has been entered for this catalog item.
1. Creating a Software catalog item requires integration with the Aggregion Platform.
2. Select this specific content type (red arrow on Exhibit 1). Content type may only be selected once. Once selected and saved, it cannot be changed.
3. For Soft, you can provide a URL of the page the user can go to, to use this content. Providing a URL is optional.
4. Load a cover from a device (red arrow on Exhibit 3) or from storage (green arrow on Exhibit 3). Files uploaded into these fields may then be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Cover preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 3.
5. If desired, enter pages to be available for preview.
Files uploaded into this field may then be used at the online storefront, provided the storefront software used allows for such functionality.
Page preview will be available in the field marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 4.
6. Save the catalog item.
We recommend watching the video on how to create a Soft type item.