Using mass uploading, you can add new items to a product or update previously added items.
A product is a set of rules for a list of digital goods.
Before uploading such goods from the Catalog to the Product List, please make sure that all the Catalog items have their externalId’s entered.
1. To upload data, go to the “Distribution” section and click on “Product List” (green arrow on Exhibit 1).
2. To create a new Product, click on “Add New Product” (red arrow on Exhibit 10) and fill out all the necessary fields. For detailed instructions on how to style a product, please refer to the section Creating a Product.
3. Once all the data has been entered, click on the “Save and Add Content” button (blue arrow on Exhibit 2).
4. A window for adding products to the Product List will open (Exhibit 3).
5. Click on “Mass Upload” (green arrow on Exhibit 3).
6. The Mass Upload window will open for you to load the file you have prepared.
6.1. If you don’t have a file ready, you need to prepare one first. To do that, click on “Step-by-Step Instructions” (red arrow on Exhibit 4).
6.2. In the window that opens, click on “Download Template” (blue arrow on Exhibit 5).
6.3. Exhibit 6 below shows how data is entered into a template.
When filling out a template, please adhere to the following rules:
- If the “Fields and Values” table (paragraph 6.4 of these instructions) contains allowed values, you can only use such values;
- when entering more than one value, separate them with a comma;
6.4. Table 1 lists template fields and their allowed values:
|Parameter||Associated system field||Description||Allowed values|
|title||Title||Catalog item name. This is a required field.||Text field. Enter the item’s exact name. The system will search your catalog for this item. If the name is not unique, the item will be searched for using its externalid.|
|externalId||externalId||Catalog item identifier that must be added to the product. This identifier is used to search for catalog items.||Text field. Enter the identifier of the item to be added to the product.|
This is a required field.
|Numeric field. Enter the price of the product without any currency designators. Use a period (.) or a comma (,) as a decimal separator.|
|currency||Currency||Currency accepted for the product. This is a required field.||Enter one of the following four options exactly as it appears:|
|status||Status||Status of the catalog item to be added. This is a required field.||Enter one of the following two options exactly as it appears:|
|licensePeriod||License Period||The time period during which users may access content.||If desired, you can restrict the duration of the license by indicating a specific number of days.|
If no restrictions are to be imposed, enter null.
|licenseParams.Geotargeting||Geotargeting (in catalog item settings)||Geographic restrictions on distributing catalog items. Only used for distributing videos.||Enter country codes under Alpha-3 ISO 3166-1 (e.g., RUS). If no geographic restrictions are to be imposed, leave this field blank.|
|licenseParams.weekDays||Days of use||Content availability by day of the week. Used for product types “catalog,” “book” and “video”.||Numeric field. Select one or more of the options below, separating them with a comma:|
0 – playback allowed on Mondays only
1 - playback allowed on Tuesdays only
2 - playback allowed on Wednesdays only
3 - playback allowed on Thursdays only
4 - playback allowed on Fridays only
5 - playback allowed on Saturdays only
6 - playback allowed on Sundays onlyIf no restrictions by day of the week are to be imposed, leave this field blank.
|licenseParams.allowedPlatforms||OS||Operating systems supported. Used for product types “catalog” and “book” only.||Enter one of the following four options exactly as it appears:|
|licenseParams.dayHours||Exact hours for playing||Time of day (range) during which content may be played back. Only used for videos.||Numeric field. Use the 24-hour format to enter the time of day during which content may be played back. Use a comma as a separator. For example, 8:00-10:00,12:00-13:00.|
|licenseParams.quality||Quality||Video quality (for videos only).||Enter one of the following four options exactly as it appears:|
|licenseParams.MaxKeys||Max. number of devices||Maximum number of devices allowed to play content back at the same time. Used for product types “book” and “soft” only.||Numeric field. Enter the number of devices.|
|licenseParams.leaseCount||Count of deliveries||The number of activations of the purchased content by the user. We recommend reading the article Purchased licenses management.||Numeric field. Enter the number of devices.|
6.5. Save the completed template as a CSV (MS-DOS) file (Exhibit 7). When saving in a different format, symbols may be displayed incorrectly.
7. To upload the prepared file to the Product List, click on “Upload File” (green arrow on Exhibit 8) and select the file on your device.
8. Once the file is uploaded, a preview of the data uploaded will open (Exhibit 9). Use it to verify that all the field values have been entered correctly and identify any errors. You can then either cancel the upload and go back to correct the errors thus identified or save the file and add new items to the Product or update existing ones. (Exhibit 9).
8.1. We recommend that you check the status of every item, as indicated below:
- “New” means that this is a new product to be added (blue arrow on Exhibit 10);
- “Updated” means that this is a previously existing product to which changes will be made (green arrow on Exhibit 10).
8.2. If you do not want to add or update some of the data, uncheck the appropriate column names marked with blues arrows on Exhibit 11 below. We do not recommend unchecking required fields since this may cause errors.
8.3. If the products to be uploaded contain items you do not want to upload or update, uncheck any such items as shown on Exhibit 12 (red arrows on the left).
8.4. If the preview mode shows an error in one or more fields (green arrow on Exhibit 13), we recommend that you check:
- the file to be loaded against Table 1 to see if everything was entered correctly;
- whether the required fields column is there: licensePackage.name, title, cost, currency, status;
- that every new/updated catalog item has a unique externalId.
8.5. If, when adding new products, all of them display errors (Exhibit 14) even though all the cells in the template appear to have been filled as shown in Table 1, we recommend that you check to make sure the required fields column is there: title, contentType, externalId. You cannot add a new product without entering an appropriate value for all of those.