Requires Android 4.4.4 or later.
Please note that some of the steps may require additional downloads and data use. We recommend you use a Wi-Fi connection.
Installing and Launching A-Store Reader
1. When a user is granted access to content, such as a digital book, interactive content or offline video, the user will receive a notification by email (Exhibit 1).
2. The email may contain the following information:
- Information on the content received (red arrow on Exhibit 1);
- Login information for A-Store Reader (green arrow on Exhibit 1);
- Lynks to download A-Store Reader (light blue arrow on Exhibit 1).
3. If you already have an A-Store account, the email will only refer to the account to which content has been sent (Exhibit 2).
4. To be able to work with this application, you need to install it on your device first. Links to download A-Store Reader will be marked by icons (blue arrow on Exhibit 1). Click on the icon corresponding to your device (Android), and you will be redirected to the Google Play store to install A-Store Reader.
You can also find the necessary links to this application at www.a-store.io (Exhibit 3).
5. Once downloading and installation are complete, your desktop will show a new icon (Exhibit 4).
Logging in to A-Store Reader
When you launch the app for the first time, logging in will be required. To do so, enter the information provided in the email notification (green arrow on Exhibit 1) into the window that opens (Exhibit 5). Once you log in, there is no need to enter your information during subsequent visits, unless you log out manually.
Working with the collection
1. Once logged in, you will see your collection. This is where all the content received by your account is stored.
2. To keep the collection up to date, it is recommended that you refresh it regularly, by pressing the “Refresh” button (green arrow on Exhibit 6).
3. To begin working with content, download it to your device. To do that, click on the cover and confirm the download.
4. During the download, the blue bar indicator will reflect download progress. Once download is complete, the cover will become active (bright) (Exhibit 7).
5. Once downloaded, content will be tied to your device. This is something to keep in mind, especially when such content may only be tied to a single device. In such a case, to be used on a different device, content will have to be untied from the original device.
The email notification will indicate the maximum number of devices content is authorized to be simultaneously used on (blue arrow on Exhibit 1).
6. To untie content from a device, click on the button located in the upper right-hand corner of the cover (blue arrow on Exhibit 8).
7. In the window that opens select “Detach” (green arrow on Exhibit 9).
8. With content that is not tied to any device, clicking on the button in the upper right-hand corner of the cover (blue arrow on Exhibit 8) will reveal the “Bind” option (green arrow on Exhibit 10). It is important to remember that content will remain tied to a device unless you manually untie it. In other words, when you need to play your content on a device again, once you have clicked on the “Bind” button, there is no need to download this content to the device again.
9. To remove content from a device, click on the button in the upper right-hand corner of the cover (blue arrow on Exhibit 8) and select “Remove” from the menu (red arrow on Exhibit 10).
Working with PDF Content
1. To open content, click on its cover. The first time you do it, the first page of the book will be displayed. If you started reading the book earlier, it will open on the page you previously stopped reading it on.
2. Use your finger on the touch screen to flip through the pages. Flip right to left to the next page and left to right to go back.
3. Ways to Search for Pages
3.1. Click on the button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (red arrow on Exhibit 11) and select “Contents” from the menu (green arrow on Exhibit 11). Click on the number of the page you want to go to, and the software will take you right to it.
4. Audio in Digital Books
4.1. A special icon will be displayed to indicate that a soundtrack is available. Depending on specific content, there may be different icons. For example, the icon may look as shown on Exhibit 12. To start audio playback, click on the icon.
4.2. Information about the audio played back will be displayed in the upper right-hand corner. To pause playback, click on the button marked with a green arrow on Exhibit 13. To stop playback, click on the button marked with a blue arrow on Exhibit 13.
5. Video in Digital Books
5.1. An icon next to an exercise in the book indicates that a video is available. Depending on specific content, there may be different icons. For example, the icon may look as shown on Exhibit 14. To start video playback, click on the icon.
5.2. You can stop the video at any time during playback (red arrow on Exhibit 15), fast forward or rewind it and set the volume (green arrow on Exhibit 15).
5.3. To switch to the full screen mode and back, click on the icon marked with a purple arrow on Exhibit 15.
5.4. To exit video playback, click on the “Back” button. On different Android devices, this button may look different and be located in different places. For example, it may look as shown on Exhibit 16.
Special abilities (notes and bookmarks)
To create a bookmark, click on the “Bookmark” button (green arrow on Exhibit 17).
And its color will change to red (Exhibit 18).
To add a note, select the text you want to add a note to with your mouse. It will be highlighted in yellow (yellow arrow on Exhibit 19). After that, click on the “Create a note” button that popped up (green arrow on Exhibit 19).
In the window that opens, enter the text of your note in the “Message” field (blue arrow on Exhibit 20) and click on the “Send” button (green arrow on Exhibit 20).
3. All of the notes made could be found in the “Navigation” section (red arrow on Exhibit 21), in the “Bookmarks” tab (blue arrow on Exhibit 22) and in the “Notes” tab (green arrow on Exhibit 22).
All of your notes and bookmarks will be available on all of the devices you will be using to work with this content under your own login name.
Enjoy your content!